Monday, February 4, 2019

my words are my own

Dear teacher,

You know who you are. You. All of you.

Your words aren't my words.

You can't say that I believe what you want me to believe. You can't say that I think what you want me to think. You can say that I am who you want me to be.

You know who you are. You, who thinks that you can manipulate your students through me. Who tries to make it so that the only adult they trust is said to say the things that you know exist only to control them.

You can't control my words. My words are my own.

I've heard you say "Don't you agree" to me so fast that I don't have any time to process what you've said. But no, I don't agree. And your students will hear that. Your students will be told just how much you are trying to manipulate my words.

I've heard you make claims about what I think, without asking me, knowing I will not agree. And no, this doesn't stand.

My words are my own.

My disability doesn't mean you can control me. I am not a tool for abuse.

No.

You know who you are.

And I know what you're doing.

My. Words. Are. My. Own.

No comments:

Post a Comment