Tuesday, February 1, 2022

my speech is still not behavior

There is a pain in the comfort

of silence
of forced waiting
of being able to think clearly
of being able to know who I am

because I know it never can last

There is a pain in the comfort of trying and failing and that being okay
because I never can try 
never
never
never
it's always just a lie

there is a pain
a pain
a pain
a pain
a true literal migraine

in the exhaustion 
no
the lack of exhaustion

of being able to say this

because usually I can't
because usually you are too worried about what I say and how I say it and if I say the right words
and it doesn't matter how much anyone says

can't
fight
that

because there is a child in me who doesn't know anything else

there is me not knowing if i want to cry
or if there's me having so much less overwhelm that i can manage without a meltdown

because it doesn't matter that people aren't understanding my body
when they don't listen to my words anyways

so maybe let words at least be something i can control
rather than something so out of control that i don't understand that either
in a spiraling cacophony that is the world
and my body
and my mind
and everything in it
and nobody bothering to care

when you aren't going to listen why does it bother how i say the words

shouldn't i at least get to say the words i want

oh, no
sorry
it only matters how i say them not what i say

there is a pain
because
no matter
how
many 
times
i know
that i can live like this
and understand myself

it will never last

it only takes one little drop

because even now, years later

i will never
actually
truly have control
of my own words

No comments:

Post a Comment