Friday, March 27, 2015

Invisible Disability

I'm not who I am. But I am who I am.
I don't get to choose you see.

They tell me my feelings, my hopes, my dreams.
They tell me my struggles, my pains.

Who you see, who I see, are they the same?
Do they tell you and you see someone new?

When I try and I fall, but I do it myself
Then I'm told, oh no, that can't really be you.

Do you see the falling? Do you help me up.
Or do you see someone lying for help?

Do you see someone trying and struggling and making it?
Or do you see someone easily gliding through life?

When I don't see the way, am I alone in the dark?
Or is there someone to guide me along?

When I get lost at a corner that I should see,
Will you taunt me, or show me the way?

If I show you my struggles, will you see them?
Or will you look away, denying.

Am I my voice, or what I say?
Can I be myself, or am I what they say?

No comments:

Post a Comment